Monday, December 28, 2009

He Makes Me Laugh

One of the best things about marrying the man I did was that I get to laugh...a lot. I'm certain this was one of the most strategic moves God made in putting the two of us together - he certainly knew that I would need a lot of joy sprinkled throughout my day. Sometimes he's goofy on purpose. Sometimes he's just goofy. Most days he's both. :)

Today as we were on our way home from visiting family over the weekend, I asked if we could make a quick stop into David's Bridal so that I could order my bridesmaids dress for my brother's wedding this coming summer.

L: How long do you think that will take?
Me: Oh, hopefully not too long. I just need to tell them I want a size 10 and pay for it.
L: Well, don't they need to measure you or something so you can make sure it's the right size?
Me: Ah, I'm hoping they won't make me do that - I'm sure a 10 will work. (Note: What woman doesn't hate getting measured?)
L: Well, what if it's the wrong size and doesn't fit? I mean, what if it's too small...I mean, too big...I mean...well, whatever size that means you're not fat.
Me: (Laughing hysterically) You mean, "What if the dress is too big?"
L: Yes. That one. What if the dress is too big?
Me: (Still laughing hysterically) I'll just have it altered.
L: Stop laughing. You knew what I meant.
Me: Of course I knew what you meant. (If I didn't, I would've socked you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment