Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Honest Truth

I've been gone from the blogger world for a while. Since Thanksgiving to be exact.

Part of it (a small part of it, if I'm honest) is that I've just been BUSY. Too busy. But that's a story for another day. Another part of it (most of it, really) is that I've been wrestling with God on some pretty deep relational stuff. Stuff that's affected the core of who I am. Stuff that has made me question who He has made me to be, who He wants me to be, and the path He has me on at this exact moment. My incredible husband has been with me every step of the way, even when I went for about a week straight acting like a complete and total jerk to him every chance I had. It's difficult to write about something that turns your world upside down when you're still trying to figure out how to get everything right-side up again.

Hence...the sabbatical. Trust me, you didn't want to hear my thoughts anyway. Just ask my husband - he only got the tip of the iceberg, but I think it was more than enough for him. I remember repeating over and over again in my head the words I remember my mom telling me as a kid, "J, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." There's wisdom in that warning, you know.

The first time I felt like writing (and talking nicely) again was Friday, December 11th. Since then, I truly have been so busy with preparing for the inauguration of Santa and our family Christmases that I have fallen, nearly-comatose, into bed each night. Tonight, even though it's well past midnight, I felt driven to begin again, which was a feeling I decided not to ignore. Maybe tomorrow, I will be able to get to some pics from the past few weeks.

Though the break was nice, I am ready to be back and thankful that God has once again brought me through the fire and on to the other side, purified for His glory and equipped for His purpose. Onward!


1 comment:

  1. We never know when each of us is going through a rough time...I'm sorry I didn't know, I would have loved to pray with you...none the less, I'm praying now. It's so refreshing, having a friend like you...you keep it real! I have you in my thoughts and prayers. xoxo

    ReplyDelete