Sunday, February 7, 2010

Kettlebells in the Sky

Today I lost a friend. Someone that is unlike any person I've ever met before in my life. Someone that inspired me to work harder than I thought possible. Someone who could make 45 minutes seem like FOR.EV.ER.

Today he went to be with Jesus - of that I am as certain as I can be of anyone knowing Jesus on this earth. He lived without excuse before His Lord and Savior and without making excuses about that to anyone. He was passionate about two things I know for sure: Jesus Christ being glorified and being the fittest person on the face of the earth.

He was my Tues/Thurs 5:30am trainer (whew!), but because he loved Jesus so much, he was more than just that. He was one of those people that I always found myself telling others about. I respected him greatly. He was intentional each and every day I saw him. He was one of the most "macho" men I've ever met, and yet I've only known a few men in my whole life that smiled and genuinely cared about others more than he did.

He is missed by us. He was welcomed by Jesus. If there's a way to praise Jesus by doing kettlebells, Scott's doing it in heaven right now I'm certain.

-----------------------

Update: Visitation for Scott was Tuesday, and the Funeral was Wednesday morning. Never in my life have I seen more grown, muscly men cry than on those two days. Thursday morning, after a really tough workout with another one of the trainers, I think it truly set in that he was gone. And I laid on the mat on the floor of the gym and really cried for the first time. When I got up, our group circled up, and Dr. P led us all in a really moving prayer for Lisa, the kids, and the trainers, and thanked God for the legacy Scott has left for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment