Tuesday, March 2, 2010

E-isms

We've had some fun around our house lately. As a stranger pointed out to me this evening, "How old is she? Only two? She is very verbal!"

And boy was that "stranger" right. Although I still don't understand everything she says, it's becoming quite clearer. And hilarious.

Some E-isms as of late:

-The past few mornings, after getting into the car:
Mommy: Alright, time to go to ______'s house.
E: No....let's go to M's house today. (M is my best friend from high school who has every toy God ever created in her home. We visited her on Saturday and E still remembers how much fun her house was!)

-I caved and bought some sugary cereal this past weekend. Lucky Charms, to be exact. Her favorite thing to do has been - of course - to eat ALL the marshmallows out of the bowl then turn sweetly to me and ask, "More 'Monkey Arms', Mommy?"

-Her favorite phrase right now? "Mommy, I neeeeeeeed ____________ (fill in the blank with anything you can imagine...). And if I say "No" E turns to her daddy, "Daddy, I neeeeeeeeed ____________." How do they learn this stuff???

And the best one to date (and possibly a premonition of things to come?)...

-Tonight, after falling and stubbing her toe, and crying for some time:
"*Sniff* *Sniff* I........need..........some...........chocolate!!!"

Update:

Almost forgot this one!

Every morning after dropping E off at the sitter's house:
Mommy: *kiss* "See you later! I love you!"
E: "Love me too, mommy!"

1 comment: