Saturday, August 7, 2010

Well, we almost made it.

I've got some really amazing friends and have had a lot of support over the past few days via Facebook, one of the social media connections of these days. Since we had been having such a successful day at home with potty training (and even a successful grocery store trip!), I wanted to let these awesome friends know. So I did the one thing I shouldn't have...I posted this as my status:
"I think we've mastered 'pottying at home,' folks."

Anyone with a sense of humor knows exactly what happened next. Yeah.

So, with a newfound humble spirit, and a renewed realization that on this Earth, our goal is not perfection, but oneness with the One Who is perfect (thanks, R) - we started over. 

The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me. -John 17:22-23

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I just wanted to introduce myself...I am Tiffani, I know your sister...she and I became close friends while working with Ugandan Thunder..she came by my house this evening to hang out and she said "my sister has a blog" and I said "I do too and I've met some incredible people through blogging"! So, I wanted to say hello and you've already made me laugh with the pottying..I have a little girl who is 6 and a son that is 9..I remember the potty training days very well!!

    It's a pleasure to "meet" you and I look forward to reading more here!!

    ReplyDelete