Friday, October 9, 2009

Fasten Your Seatbelts

I feel like I've been drinking from a fire hydrant for the past two days, and my brain is utterly wasted.

I realized I was not alone in this sentiment at exactly 2pm this afternoon when Louie Giglio said, and I quote, "Everything in life...EVERYTHING...is about Jesus Christ." And what should have made 13,000 Christian leaders jump to their feet screaming "Hallelujah" got a delayed round of applause from about 25 coffee-drinkers (the only ones with enough caffeine in them to still be able to focus).

I've got a lot of processing and unpacking to do over the next several days, but I just can't possibly start tonight. I can only say that I am so thankful to have sat at the feet of some of the sages of our day, gleaning from the Truths they are able and willing to articulate so beautifully.

For tonight, go to www.kiva.org/about and check out this awesome ministry to the poor - both here and abroad, founded by Jessica Jackley. You can assist someone in poverty with a loan as little as $25, with the promise that it will be paid back to you within 6 months. However, that tiny loan will allow a small entrepreneur to expand a respectable, self-sustaining business that will support his or her family in ways much larger than your dollar. A very cool concept that I now know is called "microfinance."

No comments:

Post a Comment