Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Productivity

Tonight was a working night at the house. For what seems like one of the first days in a while, the ground was finally dry enough to tackle mowing the lawn, and the weather cooperated to allow for some other outdoor chores as well. My rockin' husband picked up E, came home, mowed the lawn, cleaned out the gutters, swept off the roof, unloaded the dishwasher, washed the dog and helped with the laundry. I made dinner, staved off a starving child to "make it" until dinner, fed everybody, bathed E, cleaned up dinner, kept laundry moving, and swept floors throughout the house. I noticed about halfway through sweeping that E was being especially quiet and was playing really well with her toys in her room. I was proud of her. I was proud of myself for helping her to get to that point. I was a bit too proud.

For what she was really doing was pulling all of her clothes out of the drawers in her dresser and off the bottom rack of her closet and draping them all over her bedroom.

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHAAAAAA........what could be more fun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how much these two are alike. I was cleaning like crazy and normally Rachel will not allow me to do it "alone"...she insist on following me around and most of the time making more of a mess as I clean. One day I was cleaning and I noticed that she was playing so nicely in her room...I was thinking (day dreaming) that she was reading a book off of her bookshelf. LOL ...her bedroom floor was completely covered with clothes from her drawers (COMPLETELY!) I grabbed the camera (as well) and took a shot...I'll have to show you that! =) I asked her, Rachel Maelaine! what were you thinking? She said..."Lonrrry, momma!" In the sweetest voice ever! I coudln't get mad I was laughing too hard. Oh and by the way...very very good husband! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm, this reminds we of your room in high school a bit too much! How far we have come huh! S loves pulling clothes out of the laundry basket.

    ReplyDelete