Sunday, November 15, 2009

SOOO Much Two-ness

E has been absolutely cracking me up lately with the things she is coming up with. Her little personality has always been so genuinely compliant and submissive, it's just shocking to see her beginning to test drive her own little will. Mind you, I love it - it's just that I'm having to rethink my game here. I used to be always one step ahead, but she's definitely stumped me a few times this week.

-Our one famous day of potty training was, well, a disaster. By the end of the day, we were both stressed and moody, and unable to cope with any additional demands that were made of us the rest of the day. We're taking a mini-hiatus while I regroup and consider what plan might work best for BOTH of us.

-Starting just recently, when I ask her a simple question with a relatively easy (yes or no) answer, instead of answering, she is glaring at me from the side and then rolling her eyes, as if to say, "Duh, mom. What d'ya think my answer would be to that question?" When I told my husband about it (and my dad, for that matter), they both answered, "Guess she's like her mama, isn't she?" *ouch*

-The other night, while over at a friend's house eating dinner, I was helping E get some food on her fork. Apparently this wasn't what she wanted, because she reached out and popped my arm with her hand, pointed her finger at me, and said, "No." I would've given everything in the world to have a picture of the way her daddy's face contorted at that moment. Priceless. Pretty sure she won't be trying that one again.

-Today on the way to church, I overheard her talking in the back seat: "Love you SOOO much, PopPop. Love you SOOOO much Nana. Love you SOOO much, Doggie...." Thinking I'd play with her, I started to offer so names. "SOOO much, Mama?" I tried. "NO! Love you SOOO much PopPop," she answered. Then, of course it became a game. Everyone but mama was loved SOOO much today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment