Monday, November 23, 2009

Together Again

After nine L-O-N-G days with little-to-no communication with my husband due to the inaccessibility of internet and very little down time, I now have a very direct, face-to-face line of communication with him again!!

E and I have been talking all day about her daddy being in an airplane, but if you asked here where her daddy was, "Work," was the only answer you'd get. (That's the place she always says he is if he isn't home.) The moment she spotted him at the airport, she let out a huge squeal, "DAAAADDYYY!" and ran to give him a big hug. And silly me left my camera in the car!

She almost couldn't keep herself from talking the whole way home. Several times I had to ask her to be quiet for a minute so mommy and daddy could talk (up until that point, she kept getting louder and louder in order to be able to be heard over our conversation).

God was so good to us while we were apart - he sustained us and kept me unusually busy enough that it was difficult to find time to think about how much I missed him. And because of the timing of it all, we are going to be able to spend the majority of this Thanksgiving week foregoing work and reconnecting as a family again.

Thank you, Lord, for bringing my husband and E's daddy back home to us safely and for providing for our every need and many of our wants during the time he was away!! Thank you for amazing family and friends who loved on us and supported us through this past week (ou know who you are!!), and for providing us with a Thanksgiving break that will allow us to recoup and reconnect. And most of all - thank you for doing all these things for us in order to draw us nearer to you and teach us to trust you in good times and in bad times. To say you are good doesn't even scratch the surface, but it's simple enough for my human mind to comprehend, with the hope that you know my heart's prayer of gratitude for the way you measure out extravagant blessings on our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment