Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Instant Gratification

We kick-started our Family Times tool today with a little note that I stuck in E's lunch bag. Like I said yesterday, I really have no expectations for how much she is going to glean from these things right now- the point for me is mostly to go ahead and begin habits that she grows into, and to not wait until she's already formed habits of her own that don't allow for opportunities to reflect on God's providence and provision for our lives.

But on the way home tonight from dinner, I heard these little words coming from the back seat,

"Mommy, I s-h-a-r-e with Bo. S-h-a-r-e. Special. Share with Bo. Sweet. Share, sweet."

And about halfway through agreeing with her that, yes, sharing with Bo was really sweet - it hit me. The note. Why didn't I start this the first day she was alive?!?!


3 comments:

  1. I feel as is God is just waiting to show off his glory in our little girl's life, if only we will follow him in raising our child. Thanks for being obedient to the Lord's voice in you heart. I know it's tough in our time of business and demands, but thankfully your are listening. thank you, Thank you, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I PRAY THAT GOD CONTINUES TO POUR SO RICHLY HIS BLESSING OVER YOU ALL THREE AS ONLY HE CAN DO!!!!! SO THAT THROUGH CHRIST YOU ALL MAY BLESS US!! THANK YOU SWEET FAMILY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That note just about made me cry. Your desire to find "Him" in it all is awesome. I love your "method" of parenting! God is BIG in your life, Jess!

    ReplyDelete