Friday, July 17, 2009

Dwelling Place

There's a place right in the crux of my left shoulder where E just fits. In another 20 years, I can imagine that place actually looking different than the one on my right shoulder, simply from all the wearing in that it gets. It doesn't matter if she curls up to me because she's sad or because she's sorry for a moment of disobedience, if she is feeling a little tired or little unsafe - I welcome it each and every time because I love to be that near to her.

I can only imagine that this must be the way my Father feels when I climb up into his arms. That, no matter what the reason was for getting there, he is relishing in the fact that I find him safe. That he loves to be near me. That, after nearly 20 years of knowing him, I have carved out a little worn spot in his shoulder.
How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord Almighty!



No comments:

Post a Comment