Sunday, July 19, 2009

Re-Entry into Real Life

After nothing less than an incredible week at the beach with my husband's family, a very loooooooong ride home in our little sedan yesterday, and a good night's sleep, we have officially re-entered "real life." My husband and I are back to eating normal food in normal portions, E has been restricted from the juices, the junk food, and endless episodes of Barney, and our washing machine and sprinklers have run nonstop since sunrise. Bills are stacked on the counter waiting for tomorrow's paycheck to arrive, a long list of messages are waiting to be returned, and the pace is quickening like a treadmill steadily speeding up beneath my feet.

Re-entry isn't easy. E rendezvoused with the time-out chair more times than I can remember, as she struggled with the first day in a while that she hasn't had my undivided attention. I had to keep reminding myself that by teaching her to wait for me, I am helping her to understand a little more about what God may ask of her one day.

Likewise, I've got my own re-entry issues. My 5:30 am workout tomorrow morning is going to be miserably wonderful. That stack of bills must be paid. Our car has to be taken to the shop. Our pup is due for a trip to the vet. There are lots of things vying for my attention on my desk at work. And on top of all that, I've also got to let go of the fact that I can no longer give E my undivided attention, though I would wish for it a million times over if I could.

Lord, help me to begin this week on my knees, help me to prioritize my activities according to Your will, prepare me for the spiritual battles that I will surely face, and give strength to my family as we continue to take this journey one day at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment