Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thoughts on Thinking

Being a stay-at-home mom is a calling...one that I feel pretty certain I do not have - at least at this point in my life. I won't say that I'll never do it, for God has this thing going with me where, when I say "I'll never do ______," it most certainly becomes the next thing he leads me into. So...I'll just stick to saying that I don't necessarily feel that calling.

I do think that being a stay-at-home mom is one of the most difficult jobs I could ever imagine having. I tried it yesterday, and pretty well wrecked a clean house while coming very close to throwing the TV in the trash just so I wouldn't have to make any other excuses about why we couldn't watch Barney for the 11th time.

The hardest part for me on those days, though, is the lack of meaningful conversation. It leaves me, for the most part, alone with my thoughts, which is not always healthy. I have a weakness in my thought life that apparently allows the Enemy a quick foothold, and if there's a problem or a stress in my life at that moment, I can easily end up angry about it after a few hours of processing. Of course, this anger sours my attitude and affects everybody around me, which was the case in point last night. Usually my rationale is totally ridiculous and centers around the fact that I didn't feel valued, for one reason or another. After praying about it last night and this morning, though, I realize I'm not the first person on the face of the earth to face these issues, and it really is the Enemy's goal to lead me down that path of destruction:
"For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ." ~2 Corinthians 10:3-5
Father, capture every thought that Satan would use to destroy me, and crush it beneath your feet! Replace those thoughts with thoughts that bring honor to You. Thank you for revealing the Truth to me, and for giving me everything I need to walk in it. Continue to root your Word into my life for my good and for Your Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment