Saturday, August 8, 2009

Nana's New Car

Tonight my mom came home from a mission trip to Mexico with the college students from her church. We all went to the airport to welcome her home, and to be a part of the big unveil: her new car.

This is her first new car, so it was an exciting day for us all. My dad did a good job totally surprising her, and I caught a few of these moments on camera.





Yeah, it's just a "thing." But what I cherish (and respect!) the most is how this "thing" is a symbol of my dad's love for her. I'm actually not sure who was excited more - my dad or my mom.

Mom, thanks for sacrificing having a "cool" car all these years so that you could give that little extra to your family. I am so excited that God has chosen to honor you through this gift of dad's. We all think you deserve it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment