Saturday, August 22, 2009

Heavy Hearts

I've been rather addicted to Facebook these past few days, following several friends with young ones in the hospital. It's kind of got me in a little bit of a funk, I think.

It makes me wonder about the path that God has each of us on. What is it about staring at your helpless little babe, wrapped up in hospital tubing, that is necessary for knowing God? Why does all the world turn upside down when the flesh of your flesh begins to cry? How did God do it? How did He give up the one thing that I would never, ever, not in a million trillion years, sacrifice for someone else, much less someone else that would never be as perfect my one and only? How did He stay His hand from reaching down and grabbing hold of Jesus as he hung on the cross yelling, "My God, My God, why have you abandoned me?"

I am glad He is God and I am not. He knows when I do not know. He is able when I am not able. He does it when I can't do it. He loves when I do not even know where to begin and keeps on loving even when I fall short.

No comments:

Post a Comment