Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thrillers

So...my husband got a movie for us to watch tonight. A thriller. With creepy whispering people that hid in the shadows wearing black cloaks.

I don't do well with thrillers. Or creepy whispering people. As it stands at this very moment, my husband is watching the movie and describing the scenes to me while I blog, surf the internet, and try to do everything but watch. Just turn the movie off, you say? Yeah, but then my mind doesn't have closure - a desperately important piece in order for me to not continue thinking about the illogical plot of this horrid movie.

I'm physically bothered by movies like these - they stir questions deep within my heart of why we humans even think about things like aliens, armageddon-like events, and people with impossibly-wicked lives. Superhero movies, as redeeming as they can be on most occasions, tend to also drift into this realm for me sometimes.

One thing this movie definitely has reminded me of is the uncertainty of tomorrow. How I can't take for granted any single, precious moment I am given with those I love. How absurd it is to store up earthly treasures simply for my future gain. How I am called to obedience for the task that He has given to me today. How God is in control of it all. How He is calling me to put my trust in Him and Him alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment