Friday, August 14, 2009

All the Miles

My husband has a job that has, during some seasons, kept him traveling frequently. It wasn't an occupation he had chosen before we got married, as he was still in college at the time. And to be honest, a "frequent flyer" wasn't ever something I listed on the "Top Ten Qualities I Want In My Husband" diary entry, so it's probably divine appointment that I wasn't able to foresee his career before we made our vows. It's been somewhat - well, at times a lot - of a struggle to get used to exits and re-entrys that occur randomly throughout the calendar year, but I feel as though we've finally left the runway and tucked in our landing gear in regards to this particular issue.

Today, he left to travel North, and as usual when he is gone, I left to travel the road South a little ways to my parents' home, with toddler and giant puppy in tow. Only this time, we decided to be a little sassy in his absence. Here's the price you pay for not being here to stop me, dear!

2 comments:

  1. hahahaa......those are the cutest little toes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We paint Rachel's toes all of the time...my brother (quiet the naturalist) hates it! He gets so mad at us, as he did when we had her ears pierced at 6wks old. To me there are just some things a girl has to have! =) She's so adorable Jessica!

    ReplyDelete