Monday, August 31, 2009

Knock, Knock


It's a little cruel, but this is a memory I'm looking forward to relaying to her one day, so the picture was necessary. This is the second night in a row that she has fallen asleep behind her bedroom door after getting up out of the bed.

Last night, after putting her back in bed so many times I lost count, I closed her bedroom door so that she could not escape the room. After getting out of bed the next time to find her door completely shut, she stood behind the door and yelled, "KNOCK, KNOCK! (bam, bam, bam) KNOCK, KNOCK!!" for a few moments before becoming completely still and silent.

When I checked on her later that night, I found her in the same position as above, but wasn't savvy enough to have my camera at the ready.

Tonight I was.

2 comments:

  1. Too cute. I just put Emma back in her bed after finding her asleep behind her door as well. We just let her fall asleep there and put her in her bed before we go to bed ourselves. She doesn't even fuss anymore, just lays down at the door and falls asleep. I was sad about it for a while, but we're working on 6 weeks of this behavior and she still seems perfectly well adjusted! I just look at it as God giving me some humor at the close of my day as well as giving me the blessed chance to hold my sweet, sleeping baby.

    Take care,
    Lara Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very normal!

    "It's simple. It's bedtime. Stay in your bed." We have done the same thing. ;) Great picture! You are funny.

    ReplyDelete