Sunday, September 27, 2009

In the Kitchen

I'm not an especially good cook. My husband is actually the more adventurous cook between the two of us. I usually stick to the "tried and true, easy to do" stuff, well, for the obvious reasons.

I got a recipe from a friend of mine, M, a few weeks ago, and our little family has enjoyed it immensely. It's so simple, so delicious, and has now been approved by three separate generations - E eats almost as big of a helping as I do.

So enjoy! Thanks M - this is really one of my favorite recipes ever!!!


*Crock-Pot Chicken Nachos*

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can black beans
1 can corn
3 cans Rotel (drain 2 of the cans)
1 pkg cream cheese
Tortilla chips
Lettuce
Salsa
Sour Cream
Shredded Cheese
Guacamole

Put the first four ingredients in the crock pot. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 8-10 hours. 30 minutes before eating, chop up cream cheese over the top. When ready to serve, break apart chicken and mix everything together with forks. Serve on top of chips with toppings as desired. Serves 6-8. (We like to use leftovers to make quesadillas!)

2 comments:

  1. I got this recipe just last month from a friend on facebook. We tried it and it was DELICIOUS! I can't believe I'd never tried or heard of it before. And you're right, it's just about the easiest thing you can make! I think only PBandJ's have it beat in the "easy" category!
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMMM.....love those added topping suggestions. Gonna try those next time. Glad y'all enjoyed the recipe.

    ReplyDelete