Wednesday, September 30, 2009

She's A Talker

It seems as though E is quite developed in her language for a 22-month-old. She has a pretty extensive vocabulary and can use it very proficiently not only to name things she sees but to also recall and request things that she doesn't see but apparently wants to have. The more she is able to say, the easier it is for me to meet her needs and the more we can actually communicate - so I'm definitely loving the jabber.

Aside from the many English words she knows, she also has lots of "E" words. She flows freely between using both languages, even changing mid-conversation. I caught this video just a few nights ago by hiding the video camera in her room when I put her down for bed.

(Obviously, though, I didn't hide it quite well enough. When I went back in the room later to retrieve the camera, I had to turn on the hall light to help find it. E had figured out where it was, took it, climbed back into bed with it, and was clutching it tightly to her chest...fast asleep.)


No comments:

Post a Comment