Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ahh, the Romance

On Sunday night, my husband and I stole away once again for a date night, this time to do some elements at a ropes course...his ropes course, in fact. Many of our friends think that because my husband is a Ropes Course Instructor Extraordinaire, that I must have climbed every tree out there. Not true. Not even a little bit.

I screamed - an unstoppable and unexpected scream - when he cut us loose on the giant dual swing. It was exhilarating and terrifying all at the same time. The second element was a 40-ft telephone pole that you climbed and stood on the top of...blindfolded, with only the help of your partner's voice. It was an awesome step outside of the norm for me, and some sweet cleaving time with my man. He truly is the one for me.

Later that night, instead of the cuddling we might have otherwise been doing, I stayed awake until 4 am throwing up the popcorn, m&m's and diet coke that I'd snacked on at the course. And my knight in shining armor became the sleepy, half-dressed butler standing in the bathroom door with a cup of water in his hand. If only you could've seen the (exact same) looks on my husband's and my dog's face after I woke them up for the fourth time with my late-night activities. It certainly was a moment of humor in the midst of the torment.

We survived, nobody else caught it (miracle!!), and we live to tell another story of this life as we know it...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your sweet comments! they really meant a lot!!

    We missed you Monday! Hope that you are feeling better! ...oh, and I will email you that recipe, hopefully tomorrow! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete